Thursday, June 11, 2009

Zionism and the Canadian Government

A Christian fundamentalist minister seems to want this conference stopped. Comparing the conference details and his statements about the conference, I can only conclude that he is trying to suppress free debate of perfectly respectable points of view.

Personally I think that a two state solution is the only way forward, but it is quite obscene how some Jewish groups accuse anybody who believes in a state based around historic borders and allowing everyone equal citizenship of being "antisemitic". In the long run, that sort of talk is not only offensive but dangerous because it is about extremists/propagandists taking factional ownership over the fight against anti-semitism, which requires as broad a spectrum of opinion behind it as possible.

1 comment:

Pete Vann said...

I don't even know where to start with this awful government we have over here. These morons are a complete embarrassment. I'll limit myself to how they've directly interfered with the research I'm involved in:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18551754

The sooner we turf these imbeciles the better.