Wednesday, June 07, 2006

You know World Cup fever has bitten when...

... you ask your hotel reception (on a short trip to New England for my friend R.'s wedding) for directions to the "Stuart Pearce".

1. Stuart Pearce - England football hero and punk rocker, a.k.a. "Psycho".



2. Simon Pearce - A refined eatery in Vermont with one of the most spectacular views I have ever experienced in a restaurant.





Of course, the receptionist didn't get the humour behind my mistake, which kind of made it more funny. R.'s stag party was held at the restaurant. It was certainly one of the more sedate stags I have attended, perhaps bettered in that respect only by my own. The wedding itself was lovely, held at R.'s bride's parents' beautiful house, up a dirt track in the Vermont forest. I was really glad I went.

No comments: